Navigating the world of hair oils can be, well, daunting. Dozens of oils provide numerous skin and hair benefits ranging from increased hydration to reduced breakage and everything in between. However, there is a lesser-known oil that is popular for its super moisturising properties and scalp health benefits. Rosehip oil comes into play. We will find out what Rosehip oil is, why it's good for hair and skin and how to use it. Make room in your hair and skin care collection for this nourishing oil is well worth a mention.
Rosehip oil is extracted from the seeds of rose bushes, which are mostly grown in Chile, and South America. Its use for the skin and hair dates back to 500 BC, when Egyptians, Mayans, and Native Americans used it as a beauty remedy due to its healing properties. In Egyptian times women used oil cold-pressed from rosehip seeds to heal and treat a variety of skin complaints. Rosehip oil has also been discovered in Mayan and Native American Indian cultures. People have recently started using Rosehip Oil after knowing its amazing benefits.
BENEFITS OF SOULFLOWER ROSEHIP OIL FOR SKIN AND HAIR
1.Skin is moisturised
Rosehip oil is high in fatty acids and can help keep your skin hydrated. While it may appear to be heavy oil, it is pretty light and gets absorbed quickly into the skin.
2. Anti-ageing properties are found in Rosehip oil
The two antioxidants beta-carotene and lycopene present in this oil are protectors of your skin. They fight against dark circles, aging signs and hyperpigmentation.
3. It can aid in the reduction of skin pigmentation
Rosehip oil contains retinoids, such as trans-retinoic acid, which help to lighten the pigment. They also hasten cell maturation and turnover, which results in a brightening effect overall.
4. Encourages Hair Growth
Rosehip oil contains antioxidants and essential nutrients that promote hair growth. It hydrates your scalp while providing essential nutrients to your hair follicles. A high level of antioxidants, such as Vitamin A and C, fights free radicals, speeds up healing, and boosts collagen production.
5. It moisturises your scalp too
Rosehip oil is not only a great moisturiser for your face, but it's also fantastic for your scalp, especially if it's dry and itchy. Simply massage a little Rosehip oil into your scalp as you would any other oil treatment the next time you wash your hair. As a natural remedy for a healthy scalp, leave it on for 30 minutes or overnight.
Rosehip Oil is known for soothing itchy scalps due to its anti-inflammatory properties. This natural oil is remarkably non-greasy, which allows it to be easily absorbed and penetrate deep into the scalp, keeping it moisturised and nourished. Its healing ability aids in the repair of damaged cells and tissues, preventing a flaky scalp. Rosehip Oil does not clog your hair follicles, thereby preventing dandruff.
HOW TO USE ROSEHIP OIL FOR SKIN AND HAIR
1. Use Rosehip and Jojoba Oil for nourishing hair
By combining rosehip oil and jojoba oil, you can moisturise and nourish your hair, giving it a younger appearance.
STEPS TO FOLLOW
- Combine equal parts of Rosehip and Jojoba oils
- Apply a few drops to your scalp
- Allow the oil mixture to sit for 30 minutes before washing it off.
2. For scalp nutrition
Rosehip oil and Vitamin E oil can be used as an overnight treatment to condition and nourish your scalp and hair.
STEPS TO FOLLOW
- Take equal parts of both oils and thoroughly combine them
- Apply the mixture from the tip to the root
- Allow it to sit overnight before washing it off with a gentle shampoo in the morning
This scalp nourishing oil strengthens hair follicles, restores hydration, and keeps your scalp's pH balanced.
3. Use Rosehip and Coconut Oil for hair growth and a healthy scalp
To improve hair growth and scalp health, combine pure coconut oil with Rosehip oil.
STEPS TO FOLLOW
- Take equal parts of both oils
- Warm up the coconut oil a little
- Combine both oils in a mixing bowl
- When the mixture is ready, use a cotton ball to gently apply it to the roots
- Allow the oil mixture to sit on your scalp for 20 to 30 minutes
- Rinse with a gentle shampoo
4. Reduce fine lines by using Rosehip Oil and Almond Oil
To reduce fine lines, combine equal parts of Almond oil and Rosehip oil
STEPS TO FOLLOW
- Wash your face with water or use gram flour to cleanse it
- Pat dry before applying a rosehip oil and almond oil mask
- Allow it to air dry for 15 minutes before rinsing it with water
5. Skin Brightening Mask
Including Rosehip in your face mask will help in skin brightening.
- 1 tablespoon rosehip oil,
- 2 tablespoons boiled rice
- 1/2 teaspoon matcha green tea powder
STEPS TO FOLLOW
- To make a paste, combine all of the ingredients
- Apply the mixture to a clean face. Make sure it's evenly distributed across your face, avoiding your eyes and mouth
- Then, rinse your face with warm water after leaving the paste on for up to 15-20 minutes
- After drying your face, moisturise it
THINGS TO KNOW
- When using essential oils, dilute them first with carrier oil. Then, apply the oil to the inside of your elbow and wait 24 hours to see if you develop any allergic reactions.
- If you don't notice any negative side effects, you can apply the oil to your scalp. Make sure it doesn't get into your eyes while you're rinsing it off in the shower.
- Although Rosehip oil is generally suitable for all skin types, allergic reactions are common. Before using rosehip oil for the first time, conduct a patch test to ensure that your skin can tolerate the oil.
Rosehip oil has a long history as a therapeutic remedy and beauty product. It contains vitamins, antioxidants, and essential fatty acids, all of which are valued for their ability to nourish the skin. It's for anyone who wants to reduce the visible signs of ageing, clear up scarring, or otherwise improve their skincare routine. It's not only reasonably priced and simple to use, but it's also generally safe for all skin types. Not only for skin but Rosehip oil's hair benefits can be attributed to its scalp-healing properties. It is also anti-inflammatory, antifungal, and antimicrobial.
- How often can we use this oil?
It is determined by the individual's hair type and needs. Rosehip oil can be used on your hair once or twice a week in general.
- Does Rosehip oil make hair thicker?
Rosehip oil contains beneficial nutrients that can help to nourish and thicken your hair.
- How Long Does It Take Rosehip Oil To Work?
It is dependent on your hair concern and hair type. Rosehip oil can take anywhere from 10 to 12 weeks to show results. But keep in mind that consistency is the key to success; you cannot expect to achieve your goals overnight.
- Is Rosehip oil good for your skin?
Absolutely. The skin benefits of rosehip oil are endless! This antioxidant-rich skincare ingredient is not only safe for your skin, but it can also help protect it from environmental stressors.
- Can Rosehip oil be applied directly to the face?
You certainly can. Rosehip oil is a light, dry oil with a mild aroma. It can also be used to dilute essential oils as a carrier oil.
It is completely safe to use directly on your face without fear of irritation. You can also add it to your moisturiser to increase its moisturising properties.