If I were an Essential Oil, would I be?
Essential Oils are creating quite a buzz recently, (Hopkinsmedicine.org) in fact, more so in the last decade. Wonder why? Basically, plant extracts, these undiluted oils are made by the traditional method of steam distillation. This process involves steaming or pressing various parts of the plant in order to get the oils out. Here we need to remember that essential oils are not just extracted from leaves, but bark, resin, seed, flowers, and fruits. Steam distillation captures the compounds that yield aroma. As time-consuming as the method is, the oils can be pretty pricey. It can take several kilos of plants to produce a single 15ml bottle of essential oil. Hence, the hefty price tag. However, it’s worth it.
Using these oils is easy plus the tiny amber bottles they come in make them travel-friendly. You can carry them everywhere. Make sure to put the stopper and cap on after every use and it’s good to go. Essential Oils are quite versatile as well. You can mix more than 304 essential oils with a base oil and incorporate them into your daily beauty routine. 3-4 drops work like magic.
Why do we love Soulflower Essential Oils so much?
- Natural options - We are never saying that oils can be a replacement for regular medicine when required but using them can surely make a huge difference in the long run. Using essential oils means that you know what’s going on in your skin and hair. Purely natural without any side effects (Happinessishereblog.com, 2018)
- Allows for Toxic-Free Cleaning - Who doesn’t want to have natural alternatives for cleaning rather than chemical-infused store-bought detergents and cleaners (Happinessishereblog.com, 2018)? You can easily replace them by using essential oils depending on your needs. A homemade surface cleaner requires only water and 4-5 drops each of Soulflower Tea Tree, Orange, Lavender, and Lemon Essential Oils.
- Self-care - Essential Oils not only level up your beauty routine but also support you in times of anxiety and stress. Few drops in your bath water help elevate your mood and keep you energized throughout the day. Use it in your diffuser to create a happy ambiance. Essential Oils of Orange, Peppermint, Lemon, and Bergamot support a good mood that directly boosts your health as well (Happinessishereblog.com, 2018).
Apart from the above-mentioned benefits, essential oils promote good sleep, keep your skin well-hydrated, work like magic to control skin issues like acne and breakouts, and even scalp dandruff. The best part is your health is in your control and you know it.
Which Essential Oils do we love the most?
- Rosemary Essential Oil - It’s one of our bestsellers and an all-rounder. We love it because it provides complete nourishment for your hair. You can use it in your homemade surface cleaner, diffuse a few drops to refresh the air, and even help combat the common cold.
- Lavender Essential Oil - This one is a go-to for all your needs. Want blemish-free clear skin? Add Lavender to your moisturizer, serum, or oil. Combine it with your shampoo or conditioner to control dandruff and dry scalp. Few drops in your pillow to get a peaceful sleep. Put 2 drops in a diffuser to create a soothing aroma.
- Tea Tree Essential Oil - You can even call it a medicine. In fact, Tea Tree has been used as a medicine in ancient times. It has certain properties that keep your skin and hair almost flawless. Repeated usage will ensure a better and healthier you.
- Lemon Essential Oil - Another multipurpose oil with a refreshing aroma. Use it to get clear skin, a dandruff-free scalp, shiny hair, and even a clean surface. You can also add a few drops while doing your laundry to combat the stinky smell.
Things to know before using Essential Oils:
Use good quality essential oils that are highly concentrated (Liu, J.). Soulflower Essential Oils are undiluted, concentrated, and purely natural and organic. We do not use any artificial fragrances or mix oils with other forms of liquid.
Choose essential oils that are made with the traditional process of stem distillation and get easily absorbed into the skin without leaving behind any greasy layer (Liu, J.).
- Always dilute Soulflower Essential Oils with any base oils such as Olive, Castor, Avocado, Rosehip depending on your skin type.
- Keep essential oils away from sunlight as it impacts the quality of the oil. Also, prolonged exposure to air can alter the smell and consistency (youngliving.com). Soulflower essential oils come in tiny amber bottles which helps to keep the oil safe for a longer time.
- Avoid contact with the eyes, if it gets in your eyes rinse immediately with cold water.
While there are a lot of natural remedies available everywhere and right now with the over information on social media, it is important for you to be wise. Be a smart shopper and look closely into labels. Also, it’s important that you trust the brand while buying your beauty and wellness products. Over two decades, we have had a loyal customer base who knows us, how we have grown, and what our products include. This means they are aware of what’s going into their skin and hair and what they are investing in.
We would love to know your most loved Soulflower Essential Oils. Let us know in the comments, email us, or DM us on Instagram.Reference articles: