Castor beans are used to create vegetable oil known as castor oil. In recent years, it has all but become a buzzword. The mere fact that castor oil is labelled as a component in cosmetics or hair care items encourages you to buy it. Of course, there are valid reasons for this. Numerous health advantages of castor oil include improved skin and hair health, as well as adding up to beauty.
Ethiopia in East Africa is where the castor plant originated. However, it currently thrives in a variety of tropical and polar climates worldwide. Castor oil has been used for centuries to protect the eyes against irritation, starting in ancient Egypt. They included it as a component in face oils as well. Additionally, castor oil lamps were very common.
BENEFITS OF SOULFLOWER CASTOR CARRIER OIL FOR SKIN
1. It soothes dry and itchy skin
Castor oil's fatty acids replace moisture, which helps to ease short-term discomfort and irritability.
2. Removes Negative Toxins
The cleansing qualities of castor oil prevent the buildup of toxins in your body's channels. Castor oil has the potential to "sroto vishodhana" (cleanse body channels), which helps to prevent a variety of skin issues. Castor oil massages are also known to increase blood flow to the skin, enhancing the skin's ability to absorb nutrients.
3. Protects our sensitive skin
Castor oil has a mild effect on the skin, making it feel smoother and more at ease. Additionally, being an antioxidant, it aids in defending the skin against environmental stressors that can irritate delicate skin.
4. Moisturizes the skin
Castor oil functions as a humectant, drawing moisture from the air to moisturize the skin in addition to giving it moisture.
5. It has cleaning properties
Castor oil is useful for cleaning your skin and removing eye makeup.
BENEFITS OF SOULFLOWER CASTOR OIL FOR HAIR
1. Reduces Dandruff
The primary factor causing hair loss and thinning hair is dandruff. Castor oil works well to cure dandruff because of its antibacterial and anti-fungal qualities.
2. It may be able to restore hair damage
Numerous factors, such as harsh shampoo, hair dye, over-drying, and environmental elements, can harm your hair. Castor oil combats this in two ways: It can moisturize the scalp's hair follicles and the hair shaft itself. It can lessen any inflammation in your scalp. Once a week, apply it as one of the ingredients in a hair mask.
3. Works like a conditioner
It has been established that castor oil is a natural conditioner. It aids in making the hair lustrous, silky, and sleek. It repairs the hair cuticles by deeply penetrating the scalp. Additionally, it keeps the hair's natural hydration.
HOW TO USE CASTOR CARRIER OIL?
1) Castor oil can be used to thicken eyelashes
- Make sure the mascara wand or lash brush is clean.
- Wash your face gently, then pat it dry.
- A little castor oil should be added to the cup or plate.
- Let the extra oil drop out after dipping the brush into the oil.
- Apply mascara-like care to your top and bottom lashes. Avoid getting any oil in your eyes.
- You may often leave the oil on for anywhere between a couple of hours and overnight. Be sure to rinse it off before using makeup.
- Remove the oil by simply washing your face with some mild hot water.
2) As a Castor oil - shea butter mask for hair
Using this mask promotes hair development. It encourages hair growth and aids in clearing up any dandruff on the scalp.
- 1 tablespoon of Soulflower Castor oil
- 1 tablespoon of Shea butter
- When you combine them, a thin, creamy mask results.
- You can slightly warm the Shea Butter and add Castor Oil to make it liquid.
- After applying the mixture to the scalp, wait for 60 minutes.
- Wash your hair with warm water
3) Castor Oil - Aloe Vera mask for hair
Aloe vera contributes to smooth, dandruff-free hair.
- Get 2 tbsp of Castor oil
- Aloe vera gel, 1/2 a cup
- Basil powder, 1 tsp
- Fenugreek powder, 2 tsp
- Blend the ingredients together.
- You'll end up with a thick paste. Apply the paste to the hair's length and scalp.
- Wear the shower cap. Give the mask around 20 minutes to dry.
- Use a mild shampoo and lukewarm water to rinse it off.
4) For Oily Skin
- If your skin feels greasy, massage in a circular motion for 10 minutes before washing it off with lukewarm water or a light herbal cleanser.
- Beginning your skincare routine with this also helps to remove excess oil, makeup, and sunscreen from your face.
THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE USING CASTOR OIL
- Castor oil shouldn't be used every day. Once each week is the maximum. The maximum frequency of use on hair is twice or three times per week.
- Castor oil should not be consumed or applied externally by pregnant women to hasten labour.
- One tablespoon of castor oil is the safest amount to take if taken orally.
Castor oil has been used as a beauty treatment for centuries. It has natural antibacterial and antifungal properties and is rich in Omega 6 and 9 fatty acids, Vitamin E, minerals, and proteins. It is advantageous to skin and hair because of its extremely high ricinoleic acid ratio. Let's add this age-old beauty: Castor oil to your beauty regime today!
FAQ- FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1) Can we use castor oil as a moisturizer?
Yes! Castor oil contains fatty acids that keep skin moisturized and minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
2) Can we use castor oil on the skin?
Definitely, yes! As we've already mentioned, castor oil is harmless and has many wonderful skin-friendly properties.
3) How frequently can we use castor oil on the scalp and hair?
No more frequently than once per week should castor oil be used. Castor oil is a thick oil that can accumulate on your hair and appear greasy if applied frequently.