Coconut oil is a type of fat that is produced from either raw or dried coconuts. When heated, it melts and appears like solid, white butter at room temperature.This natural oil has historically been utilized as food, a cooking ingredient, and a hair and cosmetic product.
The advantages of coconut oil for your body, skin, and hair are well documented in the medical literature. Because they believe it promotes hair growth faster, people apply coconut oil to their scalp and hair and on the skin for a glow. Considering all of its uses and benefits, it is frequently referred to as a "lifeline of health." People are embracing coconut oil in greater numbers these days.
A LITTLE BACKSTORY
Although the majority of us connect coconuts with trips to warm beaches, the vast majority actually grow on farms in Indonesia, India, and the Philippines. Coconuts are naturally an integral part of daily life in these areas and have long been utilised in folk medicine.
In India it is a component of Ayurvedic medicine used to cure burns and hair loss. In Jamaica, it is used as a tonic to promote heart health, in Panama to prevent different illnesses and in Sri Lanka to prevent cardiovascular disease.
BENEFITS OF SOULFLOWER COCONUT CARRIER OIL FOR SKIN
1. Skin Detoxification
Coconut oil is commonly used in Ayurvedic oil massages to help balance the vata and pitta doshas and promote healthy Kapha. It cleanses your skin of accumulated amatoxins and improves its overall health.
2. Getting rid of dark circles
Dark circles under the eyes are frequent and can be caused by a variety of things, such as stress, dehydration, lack of sleep, excessive screen time, etc. Applying coconut oil and gently massaging it into your skin with your hands might temporarily controls the appearance of dark under eye circles. Also, it might lessen puffiness.
3. It reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
When used on a regular basis, coconut oil can help to reduce the signs of ageing. It works to make those fine lines and wrinkles less visible by hydrating and softening the skin.
4. It helps to reduce skin inflammation and sensitivity
Because of its anti-inflammatory and cooling properties, it soothes sensitive skin and boosts immunity, lowering the likelihood of skin allergies. Its pitta-balancing properties also help to reduce redness, itchiness, and other skin irritations.
BENEFITS OF SOULFLOWER COCONUT CARRIER OIL FOR HAIR
1. Removes dandruff
Dandruff is a common hair-related complaint that can be both uncomfortable and embarrassing. Dandruff can occur for a variety of reasons, but fungal overgrowth on the scalp is a common cause of chronic dandruff. Coconut oil contains antifungal properties. A dry, itchy scalp that sheds white skin flakes is the primary symptom of dandruff, and coconut oil can help with this as well. It helps your scalp, which relieves itching and reduces flaking.
2. Repairs frizzy hair
The best thing about coconut oil is that it's a natural anti-humectant or anti-humidity product. The molecules are small enough to penetrate the hair shaft and provide incredible benefits. Warming the oil and mixing a small amount between your hands before scrunching it onto the ends is recommended.
3. Strengthens Hair
Hair growth is directly proportional to scalp nourishment. Hair is mostly protein, but your hair follicles require certain vitamins and minerals to function properly and grow thick, strong hair. Coconut oil forms a protective layer over the hair cuticle, reduces protein loss and maintains the health of your tresses.
HOW TO USE COCONUT CARRIER OIL FOR HAIR AND SKIN
1. For Frizzy hair
- In a bowl, combine 2-3 tbsp Coconut oil and 2 tbsp Argan oil.
- Massage this oil mixture into your hair and scalp a few hours before washing your hair.
This oil solution can also be used as a leave-in serum on damp hair after shampooing.
2. Control hair fall
- In a large pan, heat 1 cup of Coconut oil and add 12 cups of curry leaves
- Cook until the curry leaves turn golden brown in the pan
- Remove the pan from the heat and set it aside for at least 10 hours
- Strain the oil and mix in 6-7 tablespoons of Castor oil
- This mixture should be massaged into your scalp and hair
- Allow it to sit for 2-3 hours
- Use your favourite shampoo and conditioner to wash it off
3. For shiny hair
- In a mixing bowl, combine 1 egg yolk, 12 tablespoons Coconut oil, and 1 tablespoon honey to make a paste.
- Apply the paste evenly to your hair.
- Wear a shower cap and tie your hair up in a bun.
- Leave the hair mask on for at least 30 minutes for the best results.
- Wash your hair as usual with Onion Biotin Shampoo
4. Apply it as an eye cream
While there are many moisturizing eye treatments available, coconut oil can be used as a solution. Using a moisturizing eye cream can radically transform your appearance if you have dry under-eyes due to colder weather, dehydration, or simply getting older.
- To hydrate and safeguard the skin, simply dab a thin amount of Coconut oil onto dry under-eye areas
- Avoid pulling or exerting too much pressure
- It is better to do this before going to bed because it might get smudged when wearing makeup.
5. Make a DIY face mask
Making your own face mask is the ideal way to treat yourself.
- Honey, which can be used to fight acne
- Soulflower Coconut oil for extra hydration
- Turmeric, which is known for its anti-inflammatory properties.
- Apply it to a freshly washed face
- Mix all the ingredients and let it sit for at least 15 minutes, then unwind!
- Wash it off with lukewarm water.
THINGS TO KNOW
- The use of Coconut Oil on your skin and hair is generally regarded as safe
- A buildup of oil on your hair and scalp could occur if you use too much.
- Particularly if you have really fine hair, this could make it oily and drab.
- Make sure to use a tiny amount at first and work the coconut oil through your hair starting at the middle and working your way to the ends to prevent this.
Organic coconut oil is widely used on skin and hair because of its medium-chain fatty acids, hydrating, and antibacterial properties. In fact, it can replace a variety of body and beauty products in your bathroom! Coconut oil can be used on the skin in a variety of ways, including as a natural face wash, massage oil, teeth whitener and bug repellent.
Start experimenting with virgin coconut oil today because it is a beauty and body powerhouse.
FAQ- FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. What happens if you regularly apply Coconut oil to your skin?
Coconut oil supports the barrier function of your skin, retaining moisture to keep the skin supple and hydrated. minimizes inflammation Due to its anti-inflammatory qualities, coconut oil is helpful for skin that is inflamed or chafed. increases the formation of collagen.
2. What happens if Coconut oil is left in your hair overnight?
It works well to apply coconut oil to soothe dry scalp, leave it overnight since it replenishes the scalp's moisture content. Use coconut oil as a hair mask once a week before washing your hair if you have dull, dry hair to feel your hair get moisturized.
3. Does Coconut oil give skin a healthy glow?
Because it is a natural anti-ageing solution that may heal damaged skin cells and renew your face, coconut oil helps the skin retain its elasticity and radiance.