The very mention of cinnamon brings up visions of spicy-smelling masala chai or peppery-scented biryani, in which this earthy ingredient is added, even in tiny amounts, to create a great flavour and aroma. But this exotic spice, which is native to South Asian nations including India, Sri Lanka, China, Bangladesh, Indonesia, Vietnam, and Myanmar, also offers a medicinal emollient made from its bark extracts known as a Cinnamon Essential Oil, which has remarkable advantages for general health. These include reducing joint pain and muscular cramps, enhancing the texture of the skin, calming topical infections, preventing oral infections for healthy teeth and gums, and elevating low emotions in anxiety and despair.
Cinnamon is cultivated in more than a hundred different kinds, all of which have potent antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial effects.
Despite being one of the oldest spices in human history and being connected to riches and success, cinnamon is now primarily utilised as a flavouring agent.
Cinnamon is still highly regarded in the aromatherapy community, nevertheless, for its capacity to promote heart health, fungi, and improve skin and hair.
Cinnamon is a native spice from the Lauraceae family that is present in practically every home. It has long been a significant ingredient in our food, mostly used as a flavouring agent. Our forefathers have used it as a treatment for digestive and respiratory conditions for a very long time.
Benefits of Cinnamon Essential Oil for Skin
1. Boosts Skin Health
Skin problems including acne, rashes, etc. can be controlled with Cinnamon Essential Oil thanks to its antibacterial characteristics. Simply mix a few drops of this oil with a carrier oil, such as coconut oil, and apply it to the afflicted area. Within a few days, positive outcomes will become apparent.
2. It Aids in soothing Skin issues
Cinnamon Essential Oil is a natural solution for rosacea, eczema, and skin inflammations since it is high in antibacterial qualities. You'll adore how this plant extract maintains your skin's balance all day. The excess filth and pollutants that lead to flare-ups are also cleaned out by this skin saviour!
Cinnamon essential oil is frequently used in cosmetic skincare products because of its advantages.
3. Acne Fighting
It has antibacterial properties. A great technique to fight acne and get clear skin is to use Cinnamon Essential Oil in your skincare regimen.The good properties of this oil aid in getting rid of blemishes.
Benefits of Cinnamon Essential Oil for Hair
1. Reduces hair issues
Cinnamon Essential oil is highly effective in enhancing your hair and scalp health by keeping control on dandruff, soothing dry and itchy scalp and more.
2. It Encourages Scalp Health
Cinnamon oil, which is rich in numerous vitamins and minerals, which helps with hair loss and breakage. The absence of nutrients is the main issue, and cinnamon oil tackles it head-on. A massage with drops regularly stimulates hair growth and enhances the condition of your hair.
3. It Gives Your Hair Volume
Additionally, cinnamon oil improves scalp health.This supports healthy hair by strengthening your hair roots.
How to use Cinnamon Essential Oil for Hair
1. To reduce hair problems
- Simply mix a few drops of Cinnamon Essential Oil into any carrier oil such as coconut or olive or castor oil.
- Then massage your scalp while using it.
- Wait for two to three hours before shampooing your hair.
2. Using Cinnamon essential oil as a hair mask
- After applying the thick paste of these ingredients
- For 1 hour let the paste be on your scalp
- Later, use shampoo to remove it
For best results, use this treatment once every week.
3. It Controls Dandruff
Cinnamon oil's antibacterial qualities control dandruff and leave your hair clean. Additionally, it has qualities that, after being applied topically, soothes dry scalp.
- Simply combine one drop of essential oil with a tablespoon of hair-nourishing carrier oil, such as Jojoba oil.
- Massage the paste in your hair
How to use Cinnamon Essential Oil for your Skin
You can make your own face masks and DIY cures using cinnamon oil, powder, and other extracts, or you can utilise skin care products that contain cinnamon extract. Here are a few techniques for applying cinnamon to the skin
1. To hydrate dry lips
- Combine a drop of Cinnamon Essential Oil with petroleum jelly, olive oil, or coconut oil.
- Apply it on your lips regularly for better results.
2. For Acne
- Cinnamon Oil
- Use a paste made from three tablespoons of honey and one teaspoon of cinnamon as a spot treatment for acne.
- Apply it on the acne and leave it for some time.
- Additionally, it could hydrate the skin and lessen the redness.
3. Face Wash with Honey and Cinnamon Oil
By preventing infections, germs, inflammation, swelling, and redness, honey and cinnamon both improve the health of the skin. Try this simple DIY face wash that is fragrance- and chemical-free.
- 100% pure coconut oil, 1 tablespoon
- 3 tablespoons unprocessed honey
- 1 teaspoon vinegar made from apple cider
- 20 drops of cinnamon essential oil.
- Utilising a hand blender, combine all ingredients.
- Use it as a face wash
- Store it in a handy bottle, then keep it in a cool location.
Things to know before using
- Before use, it's crucial to dilute cinnamon oil with carrier oil. Use two cups or more of carrier oil, such as olive, almond, jojoba, or sesame oil, with one drop of cinnamon essential oil added.
- Cinnamon oil should never be applied topically to the skin without first being diluted with carrier oil.
- Water and cinnamon oil don't mix. Avoid directly pouring undiluted oil into the water
Numerous health and aesthetic advantages of cinnamon oil exist. It functions as both an antibacterial and an antifungal agent. As a relaxing, it can also be used in aromatherapy. Having so many benefits, when are you ordering Cinnamon Essential oil? Order now from Soulflower!
1. Can you apply cinnamon oil on your skin directly?
Cinnamon oil should never be applied topically to the skin without first being diluted with carrier oil.
2. With what may I combine cinnamon oil?
For diffusion, Cinnamon essential oil pairs nicely with the following essential oils: Black Pepper, Clove, Ginger, Geranium, Cardamom, Bergamot, Frankincense, Grapefruit, Lavender, Lemon, Orange, Tea Tree (Melaleuca), and Ylang Ylang.
3. What scent does cinnamon oil have?
Aromatically, cinnamon bark essential oil offers a distinct, powerful aroma of cinnamon with overtones of wood, spice, and sweetness.
4. Why is cinnamon oil beneficial to hair?
Because it widens blood vessels and improves blood circulation, cinnamon oil is regarded to be helpful. Good hair development requires healthy blood flow to the hair follicles. Blood supplies nourishment to the follicles, reviving them and causing them to grow new hair.